Armodafinil can help reduce extreme sleepiness caused by sleep disorders (Know how to take Armodafinil Oral) such as narcolepsy or cessation of breathing during sleep (obstructive sleep apnea). It is also used to help people stay awake during work hours when they cannot have normal sleep patterns because of their job (shift sleep disorder).
Armodafinil does not cure these sleep disorders or make all drowsiness go away. Armodafinil is not a substitute for adequate sleep. It should not treat fatigue or delay sleep in people who do not have sleep problems. You can buy armodafinil online from various online pharmacy websites.
It is not known how armodafinil wakes you up. This medicine works by affecting certain substances in your brain that control the sleep-wake cycle of your body.
Armodafinil is sold under the following brand name: Nuvigil. If your doctor has prescribed this medication, your doctor or pharmacist may already be aware of the risk of drug interactions and may be monitoring you. Talk to your doctor, healthcare professional, or pharmacist before starting, stopping, or changing the dose of any medication.
Armodafinil can have serious interactions with at least 35 different drugs. Armodafinil has moderate interactions with at least 287 drugs. Armodafinil has minor interactions with at least 159 drugs. You can order armodafinil for sale from various online pharmacy websites.
This information does not include all possible interactions and side effects. Therefore, before using this present medicine, tell your medical expert or pharmacist about all the medical products or any medicine you use. Make a complete list of all the medications and share this information with your doctor or pharmacist. If you have any other medical advice, questions, or concerns about your health, or if you want to know more about this medicine, talk to your health care professional or doctor.
What is the recommended dose of armodafinil?
For patients with OSA or narcolepsy, a single oral dose of 150 mg to 250 mg of armodafinil once daily in the morning is recommended. If you want to order armodafinil without prescription, there are many sites for that.
In patients with OSA, single doses up to 250 mg/day are well-tolerated, but there is no consistent evidence that these doses provide additional benefit over 150 mg/day.
Dosage for shift work disorder (SWD) | Armodafinil oral
- The recommended dose of armodafinil is 150 mg orally once daily, approximately 1 hour before the onset of labor.
- Dose adjustment in different types of patients with severe or moderate hepatic impairment
- In patients with severe hepatic dysfunction, the dose of armodafinil should be reduced.
Use in the Elderly
Lower doses should be considered in elderly patients, and they should be closely monitored. Planning to get armodafinil for the elderly knows about armodafinil oral tips before ordering it.
What are the cautions of Armodafinil?
- Not recommended in patients with angina pectoris, myocardial infarction, recent history of myocardial infarction, left ventricular hypertrophy, or mitral valve deviation.
- Use with caution in those patients having a history of left ventricular hypertrophy/mitral valve deviation who have developed mitral valve deviation syndrome after prior treatment with central nervous system (CNS) stimulants; consider enhanced monitoring.
- Use with caution in those patients having severe hepatic dysfunction and in the elderly.
- History of depression, psychosis, or mania. If psychotic symptoms occur, consider discontinuing armodafinil.
- Consider adjusting the dosage of CYP3A4/5 substrate drugs.
- The efficacy of steroidal contraceptives may decrease in the first month after discontinuation. You can buy armodafinil online on sale from various online pharmacy websites.
- When used in combination with continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP), compliance with CPAP should be assessed periodically.
- Rashes that have led to the discontinuation of therapy have been reported. These include probable cases of Stevens-Johnson syndrome (SJS) and essential issues of multiple organ hypersensitivity reactions/drug eruptions (DRESS) with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms. In addition, toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN), a severe or life-threatening rash, has occurred rarely in adults and children.
- Severe rashes requiring hospitalization or discontinuation of treatment have been reported, so treatment should be discontinued at the first sign of a serious rash.
- Treatment should be discontinued if symptoms of angioedema or anaphylaxis occur.
- Skin and oral lesions, blisters, and ulcers have been reported.
Precautions for pregnant and lactating women
- Limited data on pregnant women are not sufficient to inform the risk of adverse reactions in pregnancy associated with armodafinil use.
- Spontaneous abortion and intrauterine growth retardation have been reported with concomitant use of armodafinil and modafinil.
- Although the pharmacologic effects of armodafinil are not identical to those of sympathomimetics, armodafinil shares some pharmacologic properties with this class of drugs.
- Sympathomimetics have been associated with intrauterine growth retardation and spontaneous abortion.
- The effectiveness of hormonal contraceptives may be reduced for one month after discontinuation of armodafinil.
- Women using hormonal contraception should be advised to use an additional barrier or another non-hormonal method of contraception during treatment and for about one month after discontinuation of treatment. Also, purchase armodafinil online on sale from various online pharmacy websites.
- There is almost no data on the presence of armodafinil or its metabolites in breast milk, the effects on the nursing infant, or the effects on lactation.
- Modafinil was present in milk during administration to lactating female rats.
- The developmental, as well as health benefits of breastfeeding, should also be considered and the mother’s clinical need for armodafinil and the potential adverse effects of armodafinil or the mother’s underlying disease on the lactating infant.
- It is unknown whether armodafinil is excreted in human milk, and caution should be exercised during lactation.
Hope this article helped you with your Armodafinil Oral queries and questions, please comment to provide your valuable inputs.